How To Contact Kansas Unemployment?

How To Contact Kansas Unemployment
Unemployment Contact Centers

  1. Kansas City (913) 596-3500.
  2. Topeka (785) 575-1460.
  3. Wichita (316) 383-9947.
  4. Free of charge at (800) 292-6333.

What is the email address for Kansas Department of Labor?

Multi-State Employers Employers who have workers located in more than one state have the option of reporting all of their employees to a single state. The consolidation of an employer’s new hire reports and electronic submission of those reports to a single state can save both time and money for an employer who chooses this route.

  • Please report any new hires, rehires, and employees who have returned to work.
  • Send in your reports electronically twice a month in a format that is compliant with the requirements of that state.

As part of the multi-state employer registration process, you are required to advise the United States Department of Health and Human Services which state you have picked to receive all of the information on your new hires in order to be able to report to a single state. You can give the Department of Transportation notice in any one of these three ways:

  1. Register on the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement’s (OCSE) Multistate Reporting website as a “Multi-state Employer.”
  2. You can fill out the Multi-state Employer Registration Form through OCSE, or you can contact (410) 277-9470 to receive a copy of the form to be filled out, and then you can submit it to the OCSE address below through fax or mail.
  3. Send a notification on your company letterhead to the OCSE at the address shown below through mail or fax, with the following information:
  • Legal name of the employer, along with their address, telephone number, name of contact, and phone number of contact
  • Employer’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) – If you have more than one FEIN, it is imperative that you use the same FEIN to record new recruits as the one you use to submit your quarterly pay information. If you have more than one FEIN, go here for additional information.
  • To which state agency will the employer be reporting
  • Please provide a list of all of the states in which the firm now has workers.
See also:  What Is The Missouri Plan?

Keep in mind that firms who operate in many states are required to electronically disclose the following information for each new employee:

  • Information Regarding the Employee You are required to submit the employee’s full name, current address, and Social Security number. If you are reporting as an employer that operates in more than one state, you are required to include information about the state in which each employee was hired.
  • Information Regarding the Employer You are required to enter the employer’s name, address, and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), as well as specify whether or not you are reporting as a Multistate employer. In the event that you possess more than one FEIN, it is imperative that you utilize the same FEIN when reporting new hires as the one that you use for filing your quarterly wage information.

In the event that you have inquiries concerning multi-state reporting, please get in touch with the Kansas New Hire Directory by calling (785) 296-5000 extension 7700 or sending an email to [email protected]

Can you get unemployment in Kansas if you quit your job?

Receiving Unemployment Benefits After Quitting Your Job If you left your job, you will not be eligible for unemployment benefits unless you can demonstrate that you did so for a compelling reason related to your previous employment. In most cases, having “good cause” for quitting a job means that the reason you left was work-related and that the reason was so compelling that you had no other option but to quit.

  • For instance, if you quit your job because your employer refused to address unsafe working conditions or sexual harassment and you resigned because of these reasons, you can be eligible for unemployment benefits.
  • If you quit your job for certain compelling personal reasons, such as to relocate with a military spouse, to escape domestic violence, due to your own illness or injury (on the advice of your doctor), or due to a personal emergency, you may also be eligible for benefits.
See also:  When Is Rifle Season For Deer In Missouri?

These reasons include: (1) to relocate with a military spouse; (2) to escape domestic violence; (3) to escape domestic violence; and (4) to escape domestic violence.

How do I contact EDD?

Phone number in English: 1-800-480-3287 Dial 1-866-658-8846 to reach us in Spanish. The California Relay Service (711) requests that you provide the operator with the DI number (1-800-480-3287). TTY: 1-800-563-2441.