What About Kansas Tiktok?
- Dennis Hart
The previous year, Bria Jones downloaded the TikTok app because she had heard that it was “the next big thing.” She created videos for the social media platform where, as she puts it, her work could “really be seen,” in contrast to the fact that her work was only visible on Instagram.
- Jones, who is now 26 years old and from from the city of Kansas City, Kansas, stated, “I was able to let my guard down, and when I did, I found that those videos blew up and gained me a lot of attention.” On TikTok, she has more than 250,000 fans and followers at this point.
- TikTok is used by millions of people in every region of the world.
It reached 2 billion worldwide downloads on the App Store and Google Play this year, and it had its highest growth during the first quarter of 2020, when the coronavirus epidemic prompted people to stay indoors and look for amusement on the internet.
However, it has also stirred up a lot of debate. TikTok users have taken credit for exaggerating the number of people that attended President Donald Trump’s event in Tulsa a month ago. Since then, the administration has targeted the platform due to its links to a Chinese corporation. TikTok is owned by a Chinese company.
TikTok maintains that it is a patriotic American company. In spite of this, Jones was correct in his assessment that it is “the next big thing.” It is a platform on which TikTok producers from Kansas City exchange dancing videos, offer guidance, and raise awareness.
- Ricky Kidd, who was unfairly incarcerated for 23 years for a crime he did not commit, is now using the app to campaign for reform in the criminal justice system.
- Dave Jorgenson, who hails from Shawnee and manages the TikTok account for The Washington Post, has amassed a following of more than 560,000 users.
(See the full article here.) This channel formerly featured behind-the-scenes films filmed in the workplace; but, as of late, Jorgenson has been posting quarantine-related stuff from his home. Here are several Kansas City content creators that have built considerable followings on TikTok, along with some insight into how they achieved their success.
What is TikTok?
– Everything You Need to Know About 2022 – Everything You Need to Know About 2022 Musical.ly was a well-liked app for viewing and sharing short-form videos of up to 15 seconds in length, and it had over 100 million users up until August of 2018.
What is TikTok and Duyin?
Tik Tok is a video-sharing application that enables users to produce and share short movies of up to 15 seconds in length on any subject they choose. Tik Tok has developed a new app just for the Chinese market called Duyin. This app currently has more than 300 million active monthly users.
What is seaweed dance on TikTok?
Localized Material Despite being a worldwide app, TikTok places a significant emphasis on providing users with content that is specific to their region, which is another important reason that has contributed to the app’s rising popularity. The app frequently hosts local competitions and challenges and keeps up with the latest local trends by utilizing hashtags that are exclusive to each area.
- TikTok organizes and manages the “1 million audition” competition on its own in each of the participating nations.
- Participants in each contest are provided with a topic around which to base their video creations, and subsequently the contest’s winners are awarded.
- Not only does this competition result in the production of thousands of locally produced films in each nation where it is conducted, but it also assists TikTok producers in gaining notoriety and fans.
One competition of this kind that took place in Russia in September 2018 had 31,000 video submissions and millions of views from users of the app TikTok. As a result, it was beneficial to the promotion of the app throughout the country. The software also makes advantage of locally popular hashtags in order to provide suggestions to its users on potential themes for content creation.
- Because of this, the application is better able to leverage on local trends and produce viral content for the platform.
- For instance, “Seaweed Dance” was a form of entertaining film that became quite popular in China.
- A video on this subject was produced by tens of thousands of different users of TikTok.
In addition to this, TikTok will provide each of its customers individualized suggestions. This guarantees that users of TikTok are continually informed about the most recent viral videos and that they never run out of inspiration for creating their own videos.
What is TikTok’s strategy for international expansion?
Endorsements from Celebrities – The app is loved and used by a number of celebrities, such as Jimmy Fallon, which has contributed to the app’s rise to prominence among users. The app has paid collaborations with a number of different celebrities across a variety of areas, and these celebrities market the app to their respective local audiences.
- Jimmy Fallon’s interest in the app began as a result of a natural curiosity; however, the app eventually profited on this enthusiasm by entering into a sponsored collaboration with Fallon.
- In November of 2018, Jimmy Fallon introduced a new segment to his program titled “challenges,” which used the usage of TikTok as the venue for the challenge.
He encouraged everyone who watched him to participate in the #TumbleweedChallenge by recording themselves rolling around like a tumbleweed and posting the footage on the platform TikTok. This pattern was initially established thanks to the TV host who accepted the challenge.
Jimmy takes on the #TumbleweedChallenge on tonight’s @fallontonight show. Give us your finest example of a tumbleweed. Within a week, the #TumbleweedChallenge had over 10.4 million engagements and 8,000 participants after becoming viral on the Fallon Tonight show. Additionally, the TikTok app offers celebrity connections in certain geographical areas.
As part of its introduction to the Japanese market, the application included well-known faces including Kinoshita Yukina, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and Watanabe Naomi. TikTok worked along with social media sensation Kaykai Salaider in Thailand, and they did the same with Aashika Bhatia in India.
- TikTok’s approach for expanding its user base throughout the globe has relied heavily on the formation of celebrity collaborations.
- The app makes use of celebrities and other influential people in order to produce viral content and promote discussion around the site.
- Not only do these celebs share video on TikTok, but they actively promote the app on other social media outlets.
For instance, Indian star Aashika Bhatia promoted the TikTok app on her Instagram account in the post that can be found below. In addition to profiting from paid collaborations, the business also benefits from the fact that well-known social influencers and celebrities make use of the site.